Patient Balance Specialist','25537- 64345','United States-Tennessee-Brentwood-**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.','Full-time','!*!Parallon Business Performance Group seeks a Patient Balance Specialist for the Brentwood, TN Physician Service Call Center. This position handles telephone account inquiries to patients, reviews account information, takes appropriate actions to resolve patient inquiries, works with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances, and enters actions into the appropriate system.
SUPERVISOR: Patient Balance Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· makes outbound collection calls based upon job role.
· Reviews patient account information in billing system, performs research as necessary, and takes appropriate action to resolve patient inquiry.
· Documents patient inquiry and actions taken into the appropriate system.
· Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances.
· Communicates with practice staff to obtain requested information. Records receipt of information into appropriate system.
· Creates a positive patient experience through listening, understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating in a friendly manner, and handling patients with a consummately professional attitude.
· Escalates patient complaints to the appropriate individual or department based on the nature of the complaint.
· Educates the patient on Shared Services for Physicians policies regarding charity requests, payment arrangements, and other applicable collection policies.
· Directs the patient to the appropriate forms to be used for the charity approval process.
· Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care information.
· Maintain minimum production standards.
· Work within company attendance guidelines.
· Understands and adheres to the Shared Services for Physicians patient balance collection philosophies.
· Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
· 2 years related experience and
· Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of medical billing and collections processes, preferably in a physician based environment.
· Must be skilled in working with multiple software programs and have the ability to multi-task.
· Bi-lingual is a plus.
Parallon Business Performance Group - Physician Service Center
Patient care and business performance are the defining competencies for a provider. The same is true at Parallon Business Solutions-a business born from innovation and centered on people, process and technology to transform healthcare. Our legacy began with a commitment to provide shared services for leading healthcare provider, HCA. Now we're excited to share that scale and success with you. Parallon's full portfolio of unique business solutions includes group purchasing, staffing management, supply chain, project management, revenue cycle and other business processes. Parallon Business Solutions offers a comprehensive solution that no other company can claim. As partners, we work in parallel to deliver customized solutions that ensure your success. As fellow operators, we understand your challenges and continually innovate to respond to the needs of a dynamic marketplace.
Our strength is our people who are experienced in executing and managing complex processes with the support of enabling technology. We are dedicated to continuous process improvement through our pragmatic, impact-oriented solutions.
As a Parallon employee you are eligible to receive an array of benefits and rewards, including a variety of medical plans, healthcare and daycare flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan with 100% match, flexible work schedule and personal health assessments and wellness programs
Visit us online at ****Balance Specialist
Nashville Physician Service Ce