**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Company Ref #
AJE Ref #
Job Start/End Date
Number of Positions
Required Degree/Formal Training
RN Team Leader-120005J5
_Inspire and inform each patient. Allow others to achieve their most important objectives while you achieve yours. Improve their prospectsand the vitality of your career._ CONNECT WITH YOUR GOALS AND CHANGE LIVES WITH **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. NORTH AMERICA.
Create strong, vital connections with your knowledge and kind reassurance. Enhance lives and your potential for success with the global leader in dialysis healthcare: **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. North America. By forming powerful bonds among patients, their families, and our team members, we have built an atmosphere of clinical excellence and trust. Offering vast resources, we advance careers and the healthcare of countless individuals.
WHY JOIN THE FRESENIUS TEAM?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities youll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worldsthe friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organizationfor diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. team, youll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
* **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is the nations largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
* Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
* Superior training, UltraCare(R) quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
* Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
* Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
* Recognized among Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies in 2011.
* National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
* Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
TEAM LEADER REGISTERED NURSEMake the most of this exciting opportunity to work with a leader in the field of healthcare. The professional we select will direct Patient Care Technicians, LVNs/LPNs, and Dialysis Assistants in the provision of safe, effective chronic dialysis therapy in compliance with facility and governmental standards. This friendly, knowledgeable communicator will interact with patients and families as well, providing educational information about end-stage renal disease (ESRD), vascular access, and dialysis therapy. PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team as a Team Leader Registered Nurse to ensure provision of quality patient care on a daily basis in accordance with FMS policies, procedures, and training. Supports FMCNAs mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy. Support FMCNAs commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and CQI Activities, including those related to patient satisfaction. Actively participate in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality Enhancement Goals (QEP). Adhere to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and FMS patient care and administrative policies. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
* Responsible for driving the FMS culture though values and customer service standards.
* Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
* Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES STAFF RELATED:
* Directs Patient Care Technicians provision of safe and effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility policy procedure manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies.
* Delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff including but not limited to LVN/LPNs, Patient Care Technicians, and Dialysis Assistants.
* Ensures adequate staffing through daily management of staff scheduling when appropriate.
* Assesses daily patient care needs and develops appropriate patient care assignments.
* Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures.
* Assists Clinical Manager with staff performance evaluations.
* Participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
* Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
* Functions as Team Leader.
PATIENT RELATED: Education:
* Ensures educational needs of patients and family are met regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
* Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal disease, vascular access and dialysis therapy, and other related health conditions.
* Discusses with patient, and records education related to diet/fluid and medication compliance.
* Provides patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where applicable - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM).
* Ensures transplant awareness, modality awareness, and drive catheter reduction.
* Educates patients regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedule, medications, and fluid.
* Provides safe and effective delivery of care to patients with ESRD.
* Accurately implements treatment prescriptions including Sodium (Na) modeling prescription, and Ultrafiltration modeling (where appropriate) to ensure stable treatment therapy as indicated.
* Assesses patients responses to hemodialysis treatment therapy, making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated by the prescribing physician. Communicates problems or concerns to the Clinical Manager or physician.
* Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the Clinical Manager or physician.
* Initiates Initial and Annual Nursing Assessment, and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care needs according to FMC Policies and Procedures.
* Actively participates in the pre evaluation, initiation, monitoring, termination, access homeostasis, and post evaluation of patients receiving hemodialysis treatment therapy according to established FMC procedures.
* Takes appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting access flow issues as identified by OLC/AMP yellow lights.
* Provides, supervises (if applicable), and monitors hemodialysis access care according to established procedures.
* Implements, administers, monitors, and documents patient's response to prescribed interdialytic transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
* Ensures accurate and complete documentation by Patient Care Technician on the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet.
* Reviews, transcribes, and enters physician lab orders accurately into the Medical Information System.
* Ensures appropriate preparation of lab requisitions for Spectra or alternate lab.
* Ensures correct labs tubes are utilized for prescribed lab specimens and that lab draw and processing procedures are performed appropriately for all lab samples.
* Identifies and ensures appropriate follow-through regarding missed labs and specimens reported to be insufficient according to company policies and procedures.
* Ensures all specimens are appropriately packaged according to Department of Transportation (DOT) policies and procedures relating to shipment
Fresenius Medical Care
Website : http://www.fmcna.com