Clinical Educator RN - Education Direct (Days) - Methodist Hospital','02531-37315','United States-Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Hospital','Full-time','!*!General Statement of Duties:
The Educator is a professional nurse with in-depth scientific knowledge, technical expertise, skill and competency and is qualified as an educator. The educator serves as a consultant/resource in specialty area and as a change agent by suggesting new or innovative approaches that result in an improvement in quality. Is the primary nurse educator for assigned unit.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops plans and presents educational activities within areas of expertise and directly or indirectly fosters the development of competence in the learner.
2. Works with intra-or interdisciplinary teams, brainstorms and problem solves and participates in strategic planning.
3. Serves as a change agent at the organizational, facility and department level. Facilitates the initiation of, adoption of, and adaptation to change and influences the necessary policies and procedures.
4. Assists individuals and groups in defining problems, identification of internal and external educational resources, and selecting educational options. Provides feedback to the learners and organization related to the effectiveness of the learning and learning activity.
5. Integrates research into practice and develops staff members' knowledge and skills in the research process, as well as fosters the use of systematic evaluative research with regard to clinical, educational, and managerial data. Evaluates outcomes of educational endeavors and tracks learner outcomes in line with evidence-based practice.
6. Manages overall program activities, including human and monetary resources. Ensures that educational activities are congruent with the organization's mission, vision and goals. Models behaviors that reflect participation and leadership in activities within the organization, such as serving in key roles on committees, councils, and administrative teams.
','!*!Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or education and experience equivalent.
2. At least 5 years clinical experience in acute care nursing. Previous experience in teaching; demonstrated teaching ability. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
','Clinical Educator RN - Education Direct (Days) - Methodist Hospital
Methodist Healthcare System
Website : http://www.mhshealth.com/