Nurse Trainer **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.« Back to Search Form
Location: FL - Pembroke Pines Job Type: Nurse
Base Pay: N/A Required Education: Not Specified
Bonus: Required Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Other: Health Insurance, 401(k), Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Required Travel: Not Specified
Employee Type: Full-Time Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry Security, Law Enforcement, Other Great Industries
Job ID: 152-SFSH
Under direct supervision, this position conducts pre-developed or routine nursing training programs for Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses to ensure they function in a competent and proficient manner and in accordance to facility and organizational expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Teaches clinical techniques for intervening with the mentally ill through the use of lecture and demonstration to enhance the patient care skills of staff nurses. Monitors, evaluates and provides technical assistance to staff nurses.
* Assists manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating hospital orientation programs.
* Serves as primary clinical instructor for nursing staff. Coordinates related administrative and program activities.
* Maintains current knowledge of nursing theories regarding care of the mentally ill. Has an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements.
* Demonstrates understanding of risk management program, clinical precautions, infection control, fall prevention, utilization of special procedures, environmental checks, fire disaster procedures, alternative to use of seclusion/restraint, and abuse reporting. Standard is met with achievement of mandatory requirements. Environment of care checks demonstrates clinic compliance.
* Assists in evaluating the effectiveness of training through the use of post-tests, observation and feedback.
* Updates training materials as indicated. Provides feedback to trainees as to testing results and provides follow-up training as appropriate.
* Completes assigned clinical audits/performance improvement activities as assigned by senior nursing leadership.
* May maintain necessary training paperwork to ensure staff has completed necessary training.
* Develops training calendars for the facility.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the age specific needs of Person Served treated in the program. Completes training annually and evaluation of contributions during in-service or staff meetings in which topic is discussed, demonstration of skills in the Mental Health setting.
* Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.Performs other duties as assigned.
* Five (5) years of nursing experience directly related to care of adults and seniors with serious and persistent mental illness, substance use disorders and medical problems. Previous training experience preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in providing training sessions to colleagues and other facility employees.
* Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse.
* Effective problem-solving, communication and relationship-building skills.
Intangibles Job Functions:
* The ability to report for work on time
* The ability to follow direction from a supervisor
* The ability to interact effectively with co-workers
* The ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
* The ability to accept constructive criticism
* The ability to work and function in a stressful environment.
* The ability to work effectively as member of a team.
* Ability to read and communicate in English
* High degree of empathetic listening, tact and kindness toward others
* Above average verbal and written communication.
Join GEO today for a world of opportunities and an exciting career!
The GEO Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.wcc-corrections.com