ATLANTICARE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
TITLE: Case Manager Social Services
JOB CODE: 5049
NON-EXEMPT: DATE: 01/04 REVISED: 01/08
Reports To: Unit Director
Trainings: Annual, QPR
Career Development: Case manager MHA Program Manager Therapist
The Case manager assists in data collection, participates in developing a Service Plan for each client and assists in the coordination of services for clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the completion of screening form
• Accurately reports information to team members and participates with team members and clients/families in the completion of a Service Plan within established time frames.
• Demonstrates a knowledge of crisis intervention and behavior management of aggressive behavior.
• Assists in the implementation of psychoeducational programs.
• Demonstrates a knowledge of community resources.
• Accurately documents all client interaction within established time frames.
• Writes in a professional and competent manner.
• Maintains a valid NJ driver’s license.
• Practices safe and courteous driving habits.
• Provides services to clients/families in their native language or is able to procure the services of a translator.
• Demonstrates a willingness to serve on professional committees, attend staff meetings, attend in-services, etc.
• Seeks supervision in a professional manner and documents supervision.
• Participates with team members and clients/families in discharge planning.
• Develops an adequate professional relationship with all referral sources and relevant community agencies.
• Adequately responds to the needs of clients, families and referral sources.
• Provides core services to clients as assigned
• As appropriate to scope of practice, assists in the data collection for each assigned client, including the following:
The relationship of each clients physical status to dependence.
The nature of the comparison to use alcohol and/or other drugs.
The intensity of the clients mental preoccupation with using alcohol and/or drugs.
Education:. Bachelor's Degree in behavioral health or related field.
One year experience or appropriate internship, or 5 years experience and currently tracking for Bachelor’s Degree
New Jersey Valid Drivers License
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile, motor vehicle
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Atlanticare Health Services