* Research Assoc
Administration & Support
United States - California
South San Francisco
How to apply
Rate this job advertisement
Send to a friend
Close Job Rating
Ad contains all relevant information
Job title is appealing
Wording and tonality are appropriate
Job advertisement is attractive
Who we are
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.The Position
Performs basic and specialized testing of research and preclinical animal specimens for chemistry, hematology and urine analysis; processes samples and prepares blood and bone marrow smears.
* As principal operator, independently operates, calibrates, maintains, and troubleshoots routine and specialized analytical instruments and equipment.
* Helps develop and maintain QC programs for new instruments and assays.
* Works with Excel and online supply ordering programs, and inventories laboratory supplies/reagents.
* Serves as a principal investigator to verify new analytical instruments and assays and author reports.
* Stays current in the field of Clinical Pathology through regular review of literature and participation in professional laboratory organizations and meetings.
* Researches/ communicates new technical information. Complies with safety regulations, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and study protocols.
Who you are
* B.S. /B.A. in Medical Technology with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience or M.S. with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a clinical pathology laboratory.
* MT (ASCP) certification or CA License is required.
* Experience using basic and advanced computer programs and laboratory data collection systems is required.
* Experience with operation of chemistry and hematology analyzers as well as microscopy of peripheral blood and urine samples is required
* Experience with microscopy of animal samples is preferred.
* Excellent communication skills.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are currently not able to send an email confirmation once you have completed your application. Please ensure you click “submit” on the summary page of the application process!
PrintSend to a friend
© 1996-2012 F. Hoffmann-La Roche LtdLegal Statement
Roche Pharmaceuticals Palo Alto
Website : http://www.roche.com