PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT HOSPITAL MIDLEVEL PROVIDER
HR Use Only:
Physician Assistant - General Surgery
- Masters Degree Required
- Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Cleveland Clinic is currently seeking a qualified Physician Assistant for General Surgery at Lakewood Hospital. The successful applicant will care for patients that are coming for services which include and are not limited to Ortho, General, Vascular, Neuro, ENT, and OB/GYN. This is a full time position- Desire someone who is a a team player, quick learner, personable and flexible, and has motivation to be in the OR. Position offers an excellent compensation package. Experienced and New graduates may apply.
Tier III-- Hospital Midlevel Provider (T31170, D29020) With the supervision of a Physician, (as per O.R.C. 4730) performs complete histories and physicals on patients of all ages to establish and record patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan to provide continuing medical care, including daily examinations, writing orders, chart notes, discharging patients and completing discharge summaries. This medical care may be in a variety of clinical settings. PA's are privileged by the Board of Governors. PA's in the Hospital care role provide hospital based care to patients (more than 50% of their time) with complex, acute, and chronic health conditions. Hospital care PA's practice in a setting that requires the performance of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions to manage acute and chronic health problems. Must have the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Conducts thorough medical histories, performs complete physical examinations (where indicated), initiates appropriate lab, radiology tests or other special tests required for evaluation of illness, and scrutinizes lab data on new and former clinic patients and hospital admissions to establish a record of the patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan with direct review by a physician.
* Must be able to work with autonomy within Ohio law under direction of supervising physician.
* Performs and interprets, at least to the point of recognizing deviations from normal, common laboratory, radiologic, cardiographic and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes as privileged by CCF Credentialing Board.
* Performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, managing simple conditions produced by infection or trauma, assisting in the management of more complex illness and injury which may include assisting surgeons in conducting operations and taking initiative in performing evaluation and therapeutic procedures in response to life-threatening situations, as privileged by CCF Credentialing Board.
* Performs specialized procedures, including bone marrow aspirations, biopsies and harvest, blood draws, designated IV starts, spinal taps, toracentesis and paracentesis as well as other specific procedures as directed by the physician, following approval by CCF Credentialing Board
* Provides information and answers routine questions of patients regarding their disease, including preventive health maintenance topics such as diet, weight, smoking and topics related to medical specialty, with basic recommendations.
* Educates patients regarding their disease, treatments, related drug and treatment side effects and hazards.
* Assists with record keeping, completes appropriate patient medical chart, transcribes lab data and routine correspondence, as directed and reviewed by physician.
* Refers patients to physicians as appropriate for consultation or for specialized health resources and treatment.
* Ensures continuity of care by serving as a liaison between patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team or with other specialty areas as necessary.
* Performs research follow-up studies as directed by the supervision of a physician. Assists in data analysis. Participates in quality monitoring thru the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care.
* Facilitates appropriate length of stay, discharge planning and compliance with regulatory standards for inpatient management.
* May serve as clinical preceptor for PA students and other health professionals.
* Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Demonstrates compassion and professionalism and a commitment to excellent patient care. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an A.R.C.-approved Physician Assistant Program. Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies and/or Ohio licensed through the OSMB for certificate to practice.
Depending on practice, surgical fields may require surgical experience.
Must have Prescriptive authority or eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the OSMB within the first 6 months of hiring. If candidate has held a license to prescribe within another jurisdiction and needs to obtain a Master's degree in order to apply for CT prescribe from Ohio, the candidate will be subject for review for eligibility for hiring within our system.
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated competency and the ability to perform advanced assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan development and invasive procedures as per clinical privileges.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Website : http://www.clevelandclinic.org
For over 75 years, The Cleveland Clinic has been committed to the improvements in patient care, enhancements in medical education and breakthroughs in medical research. The tradition continues here in the Southeast with Cleveland Clinic Florida. Established in 1988, Cleveland Clinic Florida is a not-for-profit, multispecialty group practice dedicated to providing outstanding, state-of-the-art medical care. Continuing the world-renowned tradition of The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Florida physicians excel at the diagnosis and treatment of medical problems that are complex or difficult to treat. Cleveland Clinic Florida physicians are carefully selected for their credentials and training. All have Florida licenses and are board certified or board eligible in one or more specialties. They are salaried and receive no compensation for the number of patients they see or tests they order. Cleveland Clinic Florida physicians focus on treating the patient, not just the disease. Working together, they provide comprehensive diagnoses and coordinated treatment. Proximity of offices and examination rooms, collegial collaboration and strict peer review, ensure high-quality, cost-effective and well-coordinated care a tremendous advantage to patients who require the services of more than one physician. This care and concern is supported by state-of-the-art technology and dynamic research and medical education programs. For these reasons, patients travel to Cleveland Clinic Florida from all over the United States and many foreign countries.