Implements and participates in the development of initiatives to increase Red Cross visibility through program/service delivery within the Chapter’s jurisdiction. Advances assigned programs or services to meet goals and objectives. Develops program/service-specific objectives for new initiatives. Acts as a program or service subject matter expert (SME) to staff, management, volunteers and external partners.
1. Implements and contributes to development of initiatives that support the assigned program or service. Organizes and facilitates all DAT operations within Chapter’s jurisdiction. Supports community and labor groups in developing and updating their disaster response plans. Leads, evaluates and provides appropriate development opportunities and recognition of disaster instructors and volunteers.
2. Assigns and coordinates staff members and volunteers on project assignments. Utilizes the Disaster Services Human Resource (DSHR) system to track volunteers. Establishes and implements a system for instructor authorization which includes identifying and recruiting instructors, coordinating instructor courses and maintaining authorizations. May be responsible for supervising other full time and part time employees. May hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports and volunteers or give significant recommendations as to those supervisory actions.
3. Evaluates and reports effectiveness of program or service and prepares recommendations for continuous improvement.
4. Develops and monitors budget for Chapter program or service. Works with appropriate staff to ensure adequate levels of inventory are maintained to meet scheduled demand.
5. Monitors program outcomes and results to reinforce organizational accountability.
6. Identifies possible funding sources for program or service initiatives from entities like government agencies and philanthropic foundations/organizations.
7. Develops and conducts trainings/presentations to promote Red Cross services and programs to community.
8. Develops and maintains active professional relationships with key internal and external partners.
9. Provides analysis, advice and consultation on Chapter programs and services.
10. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
11. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Chapter Code - Chapter Description:
If this is a Chapter Position then select the Chapter - Chapter Description
C - Chapter Opportunity
CHAP - Division 3 - West Gulf
Full Time / Part Time:
Percentage of Travel:
The American National Red Cross
Website : http://www.redcross.org