This person will perform nursing duties in a primary health care setting for employees and their eligible family members (from newborns to elderly). This person will plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care; assess, teach, and counsel patients; make appropriate clinical decisions; gather and report appropriate patient data; document appropriately in the electronic medical record; maintain patient privacy and confidentiality; and perform other assigned nursing duties within the scope of practice of a registered nurse.
Other Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Obtains vital signs and prepares patient for a variety of exams.
• Reports and records appropriate patient data in an electronic health record.
• Assists with medical office procedures (e.g. suturing, biopsies) and patient exams, as needed.
• Performs nursing procedures such as injections of all kinds, wound care, first aid, uncomplicated suture removal, urinary catheterization, spirometry, peak flow measurement, EKGs, hearing and vision testing; oxygen set-up, IV insertion.
• Provides telephone advice to patients and, as needed, triages patient calls for priority appointments.
• Assists providers in the management of patient emergencies.
• Makes referrals to community specialists as needed. Maintains appropriate paperwork.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Diploma, Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of Nursing.
• Current, unencumbered North Carolina Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
• Five (5) years of experience as a registered nurse, a minimum of two in a busy family practice setting
• Excellent nursing skills, including history taking, triage and patient/provider support.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team member and to be flexible.
• Professional appearance and the ability to provide a comfortable and reassuring atmosphere for patients.
Competence in performing nursing procedures in a primary care office setting
Family practice experience with patients of all ages, from newborn to elders.
Experience administering childhood immunizations.
Experience using an electronic health record.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Resumes may be considered in the order in which they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
','Health And Wellness','US-NC-Cary','','**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.','May 8, 2012','Ongoing','Full-time','Registered Nurse