COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
About the Job
• You will be leading multi site international projects
• Working closely with sponsors
• And have responsibility of resourcing and budget management
Serve as Project Manager for domestic and/or international (typically intercontinental) projects for one or more clients, according to Covance Standard Operating Procedures, ICH Guidelines and GCP
• Responsible for the successful conduct of assigned projects.
• Serve as Project Manager for assigned business development opportunities.
• Liaise with senior management to ensure adequate resources are available for assigned projects.
• Responsible for on time, on-budget provision of client deliverables for assigned projects
• May be required to provide line management responsibility (where appropriate) for the training, utilization, development and performance review of assigned clinical research person
• University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology).
• Detailed knowledge of financial control procedures (e.g. costing systems, TAQ / EVA)
• Minimum of five (5) years of clinical pharmaceutical industry experience including demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks.
In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > five (5) years supervisory experience in a health care setting and four (4) years clinical research experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
• Thorough knowledge of project management processes.
• Thorough knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
• Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
• Fluent in local office language and in English, both written and verbal.
• Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
• Basic knowledge of sales and business development strategies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of S.O.P.s
• Experience in managing projects in a multi-office environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities; utilize resources effectively.
• Financial awareness and ability to actively manage financial tracking systems.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
• Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
• You should typically be qualified to degree level or equivalent in one of the life sciences
• Have worked as a Clinical Project Manager within a CRO or Phama company
• Understand the financial aspects of running international studies
• And have managed a team remotely
• Be client focused
• Happy to work to tight deadlines
Website : http://www.covance.com
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. Through its nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today.