COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
About the Job
• You will be leading multi site international projects
• Working closely with sponsors
• And have responsibility of resourcing and budget management
Serve as Project Manager for domestic and/or international (typically intercontinental) projects for one or more clients, according to Covance Standard Operating Procedures, ICH Guidelines and GCP
• Responsible for the successful conduct of assigned projects.
• Serve as Project Manager for assigned business development opportunities.
• Liaise with senior management to ensure adequate resources are available for assigned projects.
• Responsible for on time, on-budget provision of client deliverables for assigned projects
• May be required to provide line management responsibility (where appropriate) for the training, utilization, development and performance review of assigned clinical research person
• University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology).
• Detailed knowledge of financial control procedures (e.g. costing systems, TAQ / EVA)
• Minimum of five (5) years of clinical pharmaceutical industry experience including demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks.
In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > five (5) years supervisory experience in a health care setting and four (4) years clinical research experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
• Thorough knowledge of project management processes.
• Thorough knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
• Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
• Fluent in local office language and in English, both written and verbal.
• Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
• Basic knowledge of sales and business development strategies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of S.O.P.s
• Experience in managing projects in a multi-office environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities; utilize resources effectively.
• Financial awareness and ability to actively manage financial tracking systems.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
• Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
• You should typically be qualified to degree level or equivalent in one of the life sciences
• Have worked as a Clinical Project Manager within a CRO or Phama company
• Understand the financial aspects of running international studies
• And have managed a team remotely
• Be client focused
• Happy to work to tight deadlines