The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes. The CNO holds full responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. Represents nursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification obtained within 1 year of eligibility
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required, or a written plan to obtain these qualification approved by the National CNO and hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Chief Nursing Officer listing in the Medical/Healthcare is offered by HealthSouth . To apply for the Chief Nursing Officer opportunity in Conroe, Texas US click apply and follow the instructions to send your resume. Check the status of your Chief Nursing Officer on AMightyRiver.com in the Job Management Center. Consider sharing this Chief Nursing Officer with a friend on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or any social media connection directly from AMightyRiver.com. AMightyRiver.com has many career choices for you in Medical/Healthcare . By using our one-to-one resume advice
, and interviewing tips, you will be properly prepared to land the Chief Nursing Officer.
At AMightyRiver.com, we have the Chief Nursing Officer position and other Medical/Healthcare careers for you to consider. Use our site as your premier career resource for black professionals in the U.S. and Canada. Our mission is to help you by sharing networking opportunities
in a trusted and safe online community to extend your personal and professional networking links. Look no further than AMightyRiver.com to find the Medical/Healthcare position you seek!
Website : http://www.healthsouth.com