Mountainview Hospital, Inc
Idaho Falls, ID, United States
Hospital Main Campus - Idaho Falls, ID
The admitting clerk supervisor is responsible for supervising all admitting department clerks. Maintains efficient and orderly admissions of all patients admitted to Mountain View Hospital. Ensures that the patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures. Interviews incoming patient or representatives and enters information required for admission into computer. Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments. Maintains open communication with the nursing staff and all other departments of the hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Admitting Clerk Supervisor:
1. Responsible for supervising all areas of the admitting department. Monitor and provide support to the front admission clerks, making sure correct patient information is being entered into the hospital information system.
2. Responsible for scheduling the admission staff and making adjustments as needed. Step in to cover shifts when needed and assure that there is adequate staff.
3. Responsible for relaying information to clerks regarding errors and tracking information needed to improve accuracy. Provide report cards to the admitting clerks, showing their progress monthly. Offer training and feedback to the admitting clerks as needed.
4. Responsible for pre-registering patients for scheduled admissions and outpatient procedures, obtaining personal information or verifying information already on file, including emergency numbers, insurance information as well as obtaining signature for Conditions of Admission into the facility.
5. Communicates appropriately and clearly too nursing staff, managers, co-workers, and physicians. May be asked to perform formal communication tasks, such as making a presentation.
6. Receives patient payments on admission and discharge. Posts and makes a daily report of cash receipts. Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
7. Responsible, when previous arrangements have been made or a co-payment is required, to collect such payments, record payment.
8. Responsible for knowing hospital policies and being familiar with hospital services that are made. Assist with updating, formalizing and implementation of Policies and Procedures for the admission department.
9. Assist and prepare monthly Project Improvements for the admission department and report these to the hospital Quality Assurance department.
10. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well in stressful situations.
11. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures confidentiality of patients’ records.
12. Maintain a positive and respectful workplace as well as a good working relationship, both within the department and with other departments.
13. Participates and attends in the educational program, in-service meetings and all other meetings as required.
14. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
15. Accepts and completes other duties as assigned or requested.
16. The employee is required to comply with all PCI standards and other company policies and procedures for payment card acceptance and security.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to use hospital information system, and operate basic computer functions and software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to work well with others.
Must maintain a 95% accuracy rate on all admissions.
aria-label=First Name data-parsley-minlength=1 data-parsley-maxlength=50 required=required value=>
aria-label=Last Name data-parsley-minlength=1 data-parsley-maxlength=50 required=required value=>
aria-label=Email data-parsley-type=email data-parsley-minlength=1 data-parsley-maxlength=60 required=required value=>
aria-label=Phone data-parsley-type=digits data-parsley-minlength=1 data-parsley-maxlength=30 required=required value=>
style=width: 0; height: 0; opacity: 0; overflow: hidden; position: absolute; z-index: -1; data-parsley-errors-container=#quick-apply-desktop__application-form__resume__errors-container>
! It looks like you have an account with this email. Please enter your password to complete your application.
data-parsley-minlength=8 data-parsley-maxlength=20 required=required value=>
Mountainview Hospital, Inc
Website : https://mountainview-hospital.com/