South Richmond Hill, NY, United States
In-Patient Concurrent Review Nurse (RN req'd) PS30431
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS30431
Post Date: 1 day ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: This position will allow you to work from home.
Required Work Hours: Pacific Coast Time Zone - 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
The Nurse Medical Management I is responsible to collaborate with healthcare providers and members to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources. Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, focused surgical and diagnostic procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy and industry standards, accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products, and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources. Works with medical directors in interpreting appropriateness of care.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Conducts pre-certification, continued stay review, care coordination, or discharge planning for appropriateness of treatment setting reviews to ensure compliance with applicable criteria, medical policy, and member eligibility, benefits, and contracts.
• Ensures member access to medical necessary, quality healthcare in a cost effective setting according to contract.
• Consult with clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to ensure medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
• Collaborates with providers to assess members’ needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
• Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
• Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
The Nurse Medical Management I requires:
• Current, active unrestricted RN license in the state where you reside AND willing and ableto obtain an unrestricted NevadaState RN license upon employment
• Minimum 2-3 years acute care clinical experience
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills
• Utilization Management experience strongly preferred
• MCG or Interqual experience strongly preferred
• Managed care
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran